Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Re-readathon: Monday and Tuesday

Monday
Reading: The Sandman Vol. 1: Preludes & Nocturnes by Neil Gaiman
Pages read: 47


So, not a lot of reading went on today. Saturday was my girlfriend's birthday, so Monday was our day doing birthday things. We went to the zoo, because that's what Mature Adults do on birthdays. It was awesome, mostly because it actually stayed dry the entire time! Then we went out for dinner and back to mine for Monopoly DC Comics edition (which is a thing) and Game of Thrones. So, all in all a really nice day, but not one for reading.

I read a bit of Preludes & Nocturnes in the morning and I'm thankful to graphic novels for making my page count look bigger than it is... I forgot how damn good these books are. Just, everything about them, all the different layers, mixing myth and religion and DC comics and the art is gorgeous and... I'm probably going to keep reading the rest of the series now that I've started.


Tuesday
Reading: Preludes & Nocturnes by Neil Gaiman, Persuasion by Jane Austen, Nana by Emile Zola, The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
Pages read: 256
Total pages read: 303


12.30pm
Pages read so far: 90

I've got a full day of classes today, it's very much back to business. Ugh, final year. On the plus side, I managed to read a fair chunk of Preludes & Nocturnes this morning while getting ready- anyone else read while not only eating breakfast, but also brushing their teeth and drying their hair? Just me? :P Also, so totally not the reason I was a bit late to class this morning. Nope, not at all.

I'm going to read a bit more over lunch now, before I go back into class for the rest of the afternoon. I'm wondering if I can get this book finished today...


10.50pm
Pages read so far: 242


I finished Preludes & Nocturnes! I forgot how much I love these books. I definitely want to keep rereading the series- whether that happens this week remains to be seen...

So damn good.

I've also managed to read a little of Persuasion and Nana for uni. Persuasion was technically supposed to be read before today's seminar, but if I've read it before, after all. Even if I remember... not all that much about it. It's an interesting one though.

Nana is... such a weird book, oh my god. I'm seriously behind on my reading for that as well (you know, along with everything else- it is the second last week of the semester after all) but I remember it pretty well since I only read it a year ago, so it's all good. 

I'm going to make a start now on How to be a Woman by Caitlin Moran, which should be fun if it's as good as I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment